May 11, 2010

The Snows of the Andes y El Condor Pasa

I'm very lucky and the weather is wonderful for my hike to Cerro Lopez today. We are 5 to exit the public bus at the start of the trekking path some 25 kms from `downtown´ Bariloche - 2 couples and me. I will not meet any other people that day. It really feels like the mountains are ours. The hike to Cerro Lopez is not difficult past the first hour, and it is very pleasant to walk on the snowy path under the sun. Once again the combination of autumnal colors with the white of the snow and the deep blue skies makes for wonderful pictures.


I decide to descend using another path (a little longer) because the way up this morning was way too crowded ;-) I will only meet 2 cows, some condors and a few woodpeckers in the afternoon. Because I feel so genuinely happy I sing anything that comes to mind and whistle El Condor Pasa. I keep thinking that sometimes life is really, really simple. These are also the kind of moments I am traveling for.

The view on the Andes and Lago Nahuel Huapi from Refugio Lopez (1629 m)

No comments:

Post a Comment