May 16, 2010

República de la Boca

After a Saturday night of partying in Buenos Aires until dawn with Argentinian friends I met back in New York, I spend my penultimate day visiting La Boca, one of its poorer neighborhoods but also the most vibrant (I was just recommended not to hang out there at night). Religion here - as you can guess from the pictures - is called football.

Tomorrow night I leave Bs. As. for Mendoza, returning at the door of the Andes to continue my journey North.

La Boca, home of colorful houses...

... fútbol...

... fútbol... (la bombonera, stadium of world-famous football club CA Boca Juniors)

... and fútbol... (on the left Diego Armando Maradona, a.k.a. el pibe de oro, a.k.a. la mano de Dios, on the right Maxi - my new latinoamericano nickname)

1 comment:

  1. "Football football football
    Football! larchuma football club
    Santa Maradona priez pour moi" mano negra

    super ton voyage

    :-)

    pauline

    ReplyDelete