May 11, 2010

Back to Bs As

El Puente de la Mujer (Calatrava) and my temporary place (brick building to the right) in Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires

A 20-hour bus ride from Bariloche - much more pleasant than it sounds, buses in Argentina really are as comfortable as people told me - brings me back to the capital. I think I'm going to spend a week here, probably with a trip to Uruguay (a 2.5 hour ferry-boat ride away) in the middle. I stay at Piu's office/apartment next to the water in Puerto Madero and it is wonderful (thanks Greg for introducing us!). Buenos Aires seems to be a truly great city, combining the energy of a city like New York with a more latin pace of life. And the climate doesn't hurt either: it's 22 degrees in May (which is the equivalent of November in the northern hemisphere).

1 comment:

  1. ici il fait 7°C, c'est les "saints de glace", comme disait mon grand pere paternel et horticulteur, en ces jours de debut mai si critiques dans l'hemisphere nord.lucky max.

    ReplyDelete